Barbie is turning 50 and Mattel is going to throw a party in her honor.
There are ton of festivities that will be taking place that are certainly aimed to excite all the Barbie girls within us. Below is a list of just some of the activities slated for the year that will keep Barbie very busy and more popular than ever.
• First-ever Barbie™ Runway Show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York
Barbie®-inspired looks at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in the Tent at Bryant Park. You can catch it live as it is webcast on Barbie.com on Feb 14th.
• Barbie®’s Birthday Party at Her “Real” Malibu Dream House®: On March 9th Barbie will celebrate her real birthday on march 9th in a Barbie® Malibu Dream House®, styled and decorated by Top Design judge and designer Jonathan Adler.
• Barbie® Shanghai Store: March 2009 will be the grand opening of the brand’s first ever flagship store. It will house 1,500 square meters and six stories of Barbie® retail. You’ll be able to shop, enjoy the spa, and dine. I’m sure on some pink delicacies.
• Barbie™ Loves Bloomingdale’s NYC: If you happen to be in New York, stop by Bloomingdale’s New York (59th Street and SoHo) and enjoy the in-store display of 120 historic Barbie® dolls. This display will run from February 11 – March 15.
• 50th Anniversary Web Site: Probably one of the most popular websites for girls to go. Barbie.com will also be getting a facelift. Check out www.Barbie.com/BarbieStyle). You’ll be able to stay on top of all the exciting 50th anniversary happenings as well as exclusive content from the last 50 years of Barbie and celebrity bits on how Barbie affected their lives
• Facebook: I’m sure this is one lady who has many friends…..check out her Facebook page to see what Barbie is up to today and if she has any catty comments to say about her cousin Mandy..